|Cabana El Rey in Downtown Delray Beach, Florida|
The Taste History Culinary Tours are available to the general public on the second, third and fourth Saturdays of each month. Pre-payment is required.
To purchase tickets for the Taste History Culinary Tours go here. Call 561-243-2662 or 561-638-8277.
Brief Facts about Taste History:
- Offered year-round
- Held on the second, third and fourth Saturdays at 11am
- At least 3 to 4 locally owned and family owned eateries are visited for food tasting. The food portions are hearty.
- Cultural centers or art galleries are visited
- Tour travels through historic neighborhoods and districts
- Bus riding and 4 to 6 blocks of walking
- Some eating experiences are standing-only
- Tour is at least 4 hours
- Food and Florida history are narrated by a guide
- To maintain an element of surprise, each tour is different and never an exact duplication of any previous tour hosted
- Private group tours are also available during the weekday
- Pre-payment is required. Fees are inclusive
- Tour takes place Rain or Shine.
- Dietary Restrictions Cannot be Accommodated. Click here to read about types of foods tasted.
Due to the exceeding popularity of the non-profit Taste History Culinary Tours of Historic Palm Beach County, the first seven-months sold-out. To meet the demand for the culinary tours, more dates have been added with the tours being expanded to consist of food samplings in historic Lake Worth including Lantana in Palm Beach County, Florida. Therefore, the tours are held at 11am year-round on the second, third and fourth Saturdays of each month, plus private group tours are offered. The Taste History Culinary Tours of Historic Delray Beach & Boynton Beach, Florida program is offered on the third and fourth Saturdays of each month. And, Taste History Culinary Tours of Historic Lake Worth & Lantana program is held on the second Saturday of each month, year-round, effective April 14, 2012.
The culinary tours are small-format with the average capacity for the tours being 15 to 20 people. The tour cannot accommodate dietary restrictions and dietary substitutions cannot be provided.
Effective April 1, 2013, $40 per person is the new rate for the general public tours. Due to the increase in fees that are charged to our organization for the tour bus rental and insurance; an increase in our tour fees is necessary. Pre-paid reservations that have been made prior to that date will not be affected. The Taste History Culinary Tours program is operated by a non-profit 501c3 organization. Special rates apply for Private Group Tours.
To pin on Pinterest click here
Upcoming culinary tour 2013 dates (culinary tours are held year-round and tours are offered to the general public. Pre-payment required)